Monday, November 5, 2012

Raegan Leigh

This last year has been, in some ways, a beautiful blur.

How did we go so quickly from this:
 
 To this:
Then this:

And, one week ago, this:

How is it even possible that my sweet surprise baby girl is already one year old?!

For the last week or so, I've been thinking a lot about what life was like a year ago...when I was pregnant up to my eyeballs and wondering with each new day if Baby Welsch No. 2 was ever going to make his/her appearance.

Well, appear she did, and amazing she is.

From the very first moment, Raegan has impressed me with her strength and her happiness and her pure joy and enthusiasm for life. She is such a love. As a family unit we've gone through some major successes and some major bumps (hello - sleep?!) in the last year, but through it all, this little girl with her infectious grin kept me smiling and kept me going. I will never be able to repay her for all the wonder and cheer she has brought me, but you can sure bet I will spend the rest of my days trying to make my gratitude known in hugs and kisses and snuggles and encouraging words, for she deserves and inspires all of those things.

Lately Raegan has been my girl. As in, we've entered a little bit of a clingy stage, but more specifically, clingy-to-mama stage. Although it is sometimes frustrating to have her whine or cry out when I try to step away for a minute, it is also so sweet to be needed and loved so deeply. I know it won't be long before she's able to do so much more all by herself, so I'm choosing to enjoy the fact that, for the moment, she still very much needs me. With each day, though, she gets better at taking steps, communicating, and connecting with people. I cannot wait to see where in the world this great big heart in this teeny little girl will go. Or what it will do. Pretty sure she'll be spreading smiles and love no matter where the path leads.

Happy First Birthday, Raegan Leigh! You are such a loved Love.






No comments:

Post a Comment